Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm baaaack!!!

It's been far too long... and I think I might have to break this down into separate posts, filled with completed knitted projects, wahoooo!!! So, since I stopped writing back in October, let's get started there....
Yarn: Briggs & Little Heritage
Colorway: Light Blue
Yup, I finished that scarf that showed way back then... in October, lol. After that frogging I mentioned, it was pretty much smooth sailing from there. The pattern is actually one that a friend created herself. I'll put the link right---> here. After a bad experience learning how to do cables, this one was much better=) I actually wanted it to be scarf length, but the scarflet length it turned out to be is just fine. I like it better that way.

I also created this hat after the scarf:


Yarn: A friend's handspun
Pattern: Foliage
Yeeahhh, it doesn't match with the scarf, but I don't hear anyone complaining, lol. It was a quick knit, too, as I went the chunky weight yarn route. I kinda wish that I had used a less fuzzy yarn though, but it keeps my head plenty warm, even with snow outside. Oh, and about the cat... that's Jack, he was looking all hateful and stuff, so I stuck the hat on his head. Turned out to be one of the better photographs XDD

Alrighty, I don't want to be doing Completed Knits overload, so more shall be coming soon, if I remember, muwhaahaa!!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You won my pattern contest! Email me at irishgirlieknits AT gmail DOT com for a copy of Sweet Baby Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your post from "we do not have a knitting problem" blog. I love that you completed a cable project. I am a fairly new knitter and I haven't gone there yet. Too scared! ;-) But having just read your blog and your old post about your first attempt at cables.... I may give it a try in the new year! Thanks for blogging about it!

    ReplyDelete