Monday, July 13, 2009

Did you know....

that sometimes 100% wool, when wet, can smell like manure. Yet, when it is completely dry, it does not. Never tell recipients this. ............ actually, consider it so they know what that funky smell might be shall the project ever get wet.

Besides that I have completed my first felted knitting project.
It took a lil decision-making to choose the button, but I think I made a good choice. It has a little pink in it, which goes with the purse. I was going to put some lining inside so the receiver doesn't get fuzz all over what she might put in it, but I'll wait until that becomes a known issue.

So, yes, I survived my first felting. I also learned the difference between high and low agitation with a washer.

1 comment:

  1. Your purse came out beautifully! Felting is a little nervewracking the first time, but once you do it, you know what to expect for the next one!

    ReplyDelete