Monday, July 20, 2009

I hate leaving you hanging...

I don't have much to show though for an absence of a week. Mostly because of this:
That blob in the top left corner is the massive knot of doom.
Actually, I think it might be more than 1 knot, but I'm not certain. I know that the bit that I detangled after 10 hours tangled itself and might be hidden within that mass. It has since dwindled down quite abit.

Anyways, I came across some yarn vomit as I was knitting the yarn and it just got bigger, bigger, until my skein had to be taken apart somewhat due to the mass of the knot. I just kept hoping I'd clear it and widdle down to the single strand of yarn, but I never did. This is what it came down to. So, I've been working on clearing it.

So, as I said, I came across the massive knot as I was knitting. What was I knitting, you might be wondering. The answer would be this baby:
Yep, I cast-on and started a first sock in the Tidal Waves Pattern. I'm also knitting it out of Malabrigo Sock yarn that I received as a gift. This is my first experience knitting Malabrigo. Too bad it's been tainted by a massive knot. However, as I detangle the yarn, I knit it up, which rewards me for the time I spend untangling it.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about your huge tangle! But the yarn is gorgeous to knit with and sooooo soft! Hope you get it untangled enough to finish your socks. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the good news is that I cleared the bit that detangled itself. I figure after doing that, that the big tangle requires only time and patience, which I now know I have.

    I'm still detangling and knitting as I go, which is so savory;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, I love Malabrigo sock yarn. No knots in mine when I've used it before -- hopefully just a fluke. Your socks look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lori! I think they look nice, which is why I keep knitting them=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! You know you can always come to my house to wind your yarn into a cake. I will make sure it's knot-free!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll remember that next time Ingrid. This won't be the last time I'll knit with Malabrigo Sock, muwhahaha.

    ReplyDelete