Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's time for Knitter's Gamer review!!!

With a little knitting teaser action! I'd never forget my Knitters, or knitting even.
I know it's been awhile since I did a video game review, but with reason. My Fiance rented 2L Sports The BIGS 2, which is a Major League Baseball game, that of which I was not too fond of. Why?
Too many controls, too much listening to the Fiance groan in frustration, while I'd be knitting away, as time after time the computer did legendary catches that were insane against him. It was almost too much to me to even just listen to him explain the basic controls to his friends, then listen while he and his friends played against the computer, and sadly learn what I already had. Tsk tsk.

Anyways, if you're into those kind of games that are a challenge and take some getting used to, as well as skill and most definitely patience, go for it. Someday when I have nothing better to do, as the Fiance will probably buy the game since it's only 2009 MLB game available on the 360, I'll give it a shot.

I also have another videogame review that comes with some knitting with game pictures!!
I've played Left4Dead before, but without the Live feature. It was satisfactory to me then because it got very, well, it was the same old after awhile. The game is about running around with a group, in different areas of the game, killing zombies. It's a lot more fun to play it with a friend, but even then.. I found I got bored after awhile, doing the same thing over and over again. It's kinda like every chapter is another horror flick. Like, in the picture above, I was loading the first chapter, which goes by No Mercy.

So, after some convincing from a good friend of mine who has a membership to Live play, I decided to give the game another shot with my limited-time Live membership. It's a lot better to play it with 4 actual people than just 1 friend sitting beside you. However, this has its cons as we all know, sometimes things just don't click in groups, so before you know it.. it might be game over. Once you find that random group where things click though, it is so much more enjoyable. Covering for people, rescuing them from different zombies, healing them, and having an overall good time. I think, for myself, this is one of those games that I need a break from every now and then to enjoy it. That or I just needed to be able to play it on Live to enjoy it even more.

I'm still working on the first sock, while dealing with the massive knots of doom, and it's going better than I thought. It's a slow process, but I detangle enough a day to knit enough that I feel content with. I'm on the last repeat for the wave pattern for the sock before I make the heel, so I am making progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment