Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer lovin'

This is the best part of Summer for me. I'm a picky eater and this is my favorite way to eat local strawberries. Local strawberries, mmm-mmm. Nothing beats their flavor to me. No way. No how.

Besides eating some lovely strawberries with whipped cream today, I also worked on this baby:
Yarn: Briggs & Little Regal
Colorway: Briar Rose
Pattern: Amanda's Squatty Sidekick by Amanda Berka

It might not look like anything right now, but it's going to turn into a purse.
That flat knitted piece that you see right there? That's the bottom and I am working my way up. I know it looks loose, but I think that's because the cable length is longer than required. I'm hoping that when I soak it, or as I knit up, that its shape will return, and it won't be so loose. It's going to be felted anyways. This will be my first felted project, ever. It's also a very late birthday present. Here's hoping it will look so awesome when I'm finished that the recipient won't care that it's... 3+ months late. What can I say? But that I am a Knitter who takes my time, sweet sweet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment